How I Plan To Keep Growing In 2019
I cannot believe 2018 came & left with a blink of an eye and I am just so excited for what 2019 has in store for myself & my family. I really love kicking off the new year by reflecting back on goals that I have not accomplished and start to establish goals I wish to check off my list for the upcoming year. Is it just me or does anyone else look forward to the new year because that means its time for a new agenda? Every year, I look forward to writing down all of my important dates as well as creating a rough timeline of when I’d like to complete each goal. In terms of growth, here are the ways I plan to keep growing in 2019:
1. Quality over quantity: focusing on producing high quality content rather than capturing an image just for the sake of “I have to post something tomorrow” I think when you are trying to grow your online presence like myself, you get so caught up on this mindset of just posting for the sake of posting. This year, I want to put more thought into my posts as well as producing the highest quality of images possible.
2. Prioritize, prioritize & prioritize: as some of you guys may already know, I am a stay at home mom to my daughter Harper who is 18 months old. Don’t be fooled, just because I stay at home, doesn’t mean I pick my rear all day long lol (there seems to be a lot of misconception that stay at home moms have all the time in the world) Before anything, I am a mother and a home owner so Harper & my house comes first, everything else comes second. I really want to focus on better managing my time effectively before Harper wakes for the day and during her nap so I can accomplish as many mommy & house chores during that time so I can further invest more time onto my blog. For 2019, I want to slowly transition from producing 1 blog post to 2 blog post a week.
3. Being more creative with my photography: I will be the first one to admit, when I get comfortable - I just stick with it and I do not venture off too far. In order to be successful, you often times must go outside of your comfort zone and try new things because if you don't try, you will never know. In order to do so, I want to get to know my camera a bit better, getting more creative by implementing more props, experimenting with different angles and taking my editing skills to another level.
4. Making time: this goes hand in hand with prioritizing but if you want something, you have to chase for it as you will go gray just waiting for it to land on your lap. This year, I want to stop making excuses and dedicate more time to my blog and producing more content. Life gets busy and it will only get busier. There will never be the perfect/right time to start something - you have to make the time.
5. Building relationships: when it comes to reaching out to brands, I just don’t because I’m scared of rejection however, I have decided I am going to put on my big girl panties on & just go for it. Like I’ve mentioned before, if you want something, chase it. What do I have to lose really?
What are your new years resolution? Most importantly, how are you going to make them a reality?