Healthy Reese Peanut Butter Cups
Alright, so I have a confession. I love chocolate. Reese Peanut Butter Cups to be very specific. Since I've been focusing more on making healthier alternatives, finding prepared sweet treats at the grocery store without all the refined sugar is very difficult. If they are available, you have to take out a second mortgage to purchase them. So no. These Reese Peanut Butter satifies my sweet tooth completely and is jam packed with protein so it is perfect as a snack, or as a treat yourself moment after a long day in the office or being a slave to your toddler...
1. Chocolate coating: in a medium bowl, place chocolate chips, 3 tsp of coconut oil and melt in microwave for about 15-30 seconds stirring in between to ensure everything is combined and smooth.
2. Peanut butter filling: in a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, 2 tsp of coconut oil, maple syrup, hemp hearts, and sea salt. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated together.
3. Line 34 mini paper liners in muffin tin
4. Fill in each mold 1 teaspoon of chocolate, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter filling, topping with 1 teaspoon of chocolate filling, and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
5. Pop in refrigerator for 2 hours to set
What's your favourite sweet treat? Comment below!