The Best Vegan Alfredo Sauce Ever
Raise your hand if you enjoy a creamy & rich alfredo sauce? Because I sure do. This recipe has been in the making for a few months now but I refused to share unless I have absolutely perfected the recipe. Let me tell you, you will lick your plate clean. I can guarantee you this. I am not a vegan by any means but I really enjoy creating healthy alternatives to some of my not to healthy favourites. This gluten free, dairy free, vegan alfredo is very creamy and has that cheesy profile that we all know and love.
1 cup of raw cashews that has been soaked overnight
2 cups of Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
3 cloves of minced garlic
4 tbsp of Bragg Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp of Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot
salt & pepper to taste
Drizzle of Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
1 red pepper
2 handfuls of organic spinach
1 package of Gogo Quinoa Spaghetti
Sprinkle of GO Veggie Parmesan Flavour Non-Dairy Cheese
1. In a high power blender, add cashews and almond milk and blend until smooth
2. Add minced garlic, nutritional yeast, arrowroot, salt, pepper to the cashew mixture and blend until completely smooth. The cashew mixture will look very runny but don’t worry, it will thicken a lot in the pan
3. In a large frying pan, drizzle avocado oil and sauté red peppers until desired tenderness
4. In a sauce pan, cook spaghetti as per instructions. Add splash of avocado oil & sea salt to avoid noodles from sticking together
5. Add cashew mixture to the sauce pan and stir. The cashew mixture will thicken quite quickly. If you like your alfredo sauce more on the thinner side, add small amounts of almond milk until you have reached your desired consistency.
6. Turn off heat and add the spinach in pan. The heat of the sauce will cook the spinach.
7. Add cooked spaghetti into frying pan and stir until noodles are well coated
I really hope you guys enjoy this easy Vegan Alfredo Sauce recipe. Be sure to let me know if you recreate it
If you are looking to restock on some of your staples at Healthy Planet, use code CherrieHealth to save yourself 10% off when you spend over $149.99 + free shipping.
This post is in partnership with Healthy Planet Canada